Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen.
No one was born a master [of anything].
- Students should be in the classroom and in their seats when the bell rings.
- Bookbags and backpacks must be stowed under desks - not in the aisles.
- When the bell rings to begin class, students should be quiet and focused on the lesson.
- Students should be be prepared for class (see Materials/Supplies)
- Students should raise their hands and wait to be called on before speaking.
- Students are expected to be respectful toward their peers and their teachers. We are all here to support and help each other.
- Students should pay attention and follow directions.
- If students have difficulty understanding directions or concepts, they should feel free to raise their hands and ask questions
- Students who are late to class will need a pass.
Required classroom materials
- Students should bring textbooks and/or topic booklets to class each day.
- Students should have and bring to class a loose leaf binder with lined notebook paper and 4 dividers: vocabulary, handouts, class notes, quizzes
- Students should have and bring to class pencil with eraser
- Students should have and bring to class pen (blue or black ink)
- Homework is important. The assignments are meant to help you practice and reinforce what you learned in class. By doing the homework every night, you will find yourself in a strong position to excel on quizzes and tests. Most homework is credited and corrected by you in class and is part of your overall grade. It is an easy way to improve your overall grade.
- Having your homework done on time is part of being prepared for class.
- You should review vocabulary and verb conjugation every night even when no specific homework assignment is made. There are two excellent websites for practicing these in the internet. One www.quizlet.com and www.conjuguemos.com . Quizlet also has free apps for iphones, ipads, android, windows phones, kindle, nook at their website.
- Organize your time for reviewing new material periodically. It is very difficult to prepare for a comprehensive test just by going over all the material the night before the test. Review hand outs, notes, quizzes, homework assignments and text assignments.
- Homework is usually due the day after it is assigned unless otherwise noted. If you are absent on the day it is due, it will be due on the day you return.
- Start early and study often and you will have success. You control your own success.
- Students who are absent due to illness or other circumstances are expected to make up the work they missed. Please check the assignments for your course level on this website under the "German Courses" tab, and on the whiteboard at school. Also check the appropriate folder in the classroom for any hand outs you missed.
- You are responsible for your homework even when you are absent.
- If a test or assignment is due the date of your absence, it should be taken/turned in the day you return. Please plan for this. Bring the assignments to class and plan to stay after school to take missed tests.
- If you need help because you have missed class, please make an appointment to meet with me before or after school.